This is a wonderful, healthy side dish to accompany your grilled meats: Roasted cabbage wedges seasoned with garlic, parmesan and spices. Quick and super simple to make in the oven, this is one of the best recipe ideas you must keep in your recipes list. Yum!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 to 30 minutes
Ingredients list for the roasted cabbage wedges
Yield 4 – 6 servings:
- 1 cabbage head (green cabbage or savoy),
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 or 4 clove garlic, finely minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Combine parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Quarter the cabbage head lengthwise then cut in 2 or 3 for each quarter. Arrange the cabbage wedges on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with olive oil, then sprinkle generously with the parmesan and garlic mixture.
4. Roast for 20 – 30 minutes, until crispy around the edges and serve warm.
Tips: To properly cut the cabbage wedges the trick is to keep a portion of the core on each slice so they hold well in one piece. You can use an Italian spice blend in substitution for the various herbs of the recipe.