These easy oven roasted potatoes make the ideal side dish for a meat and potatoes dinner. Italian herbs and Cajun spices complements the earthy taste of oven baked potatoes. They cook up crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and are super easy to throw together.
Why this recipe works
Pre-cooking potatoes in boiling water ensures faster cooking time in the oven, limiting the tossing and keeping a soft inside while not drying out the crispy outside. The addition of Cajun spices cuts the natural blandness of potatoes, allowing you to have a lighter hand on salt when seasoning.
Ingredients list fo the roasted Cajun potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds (700g) baby red potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (dried thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves, skin on (optional)
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (210°C). Cook briefly the diced potatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes this will soften them and remove some starch. Drain in a colander.
2. Toss precooked potatoes, oil, Italian seasoning, cajun spices and garlic cloves on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread out potatoes in a single layer; season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast, stirring once halfway through cooking, until potatoes are golden brown and crisp outside and tender inside, about 30 minutes. Enjoy!