Crisp asparagus crusted with parmesan, breadcrumb and spices; and baked until golden. These finger foods make a fun yet incredibly tasty breakfast with a soft boiled egg.
Ingredients list for the Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus (10-12), trimmed
- 1 1/2 oz (45g) parmesan, grated
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and put your beaten egg in a shallow dish. In a separate shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, cayenne, salt and pepper.
2. Cook asparagus for 7 minutes into boiling water. Drain and pat dry. Dip each asparagus into the egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle with parmesan and breadcrumbs that might be left over and place in the oven.
3. Roast for 7 minutes, then turn the oven down to 325°F(170°C). Turn the asparagus over using a spatula and roast for a further 7 minutes until the breadcrumb is crisp and golden.
4. While the asparagus are in the oven, place both eggs into a medium sized sauce pan and fill with cold water. Heat on a high heat until the water comes to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat off and let the eggs sit for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, take out of the water and serve immediately with the asparagus.