Here’s a wonderful way you can liven up a week-day meal. With a rich color and just the right amount of creamy deliciousness, this creamy garlic parmesan red wine spaghetti brings so much flavors. Enjoy with the same wine you used for the recipe!
Ingredients list for the red wine pasta
- 1-1/2 cups red wine
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red hot chili pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1. Bring a large pot of salted water with one cup red wine to a boil. Add pasta to and cook for only about 3-5 minutes, until al dente. Drain well using a colander, keeping 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil, garlic and chili pepper on low heat. Gently cook about 5 minutes. Don’t let the garlic burn, it will be bitter otherwise. Add the remaining 1/2 cup red wine and cream. Increase the heat to medium.
3. Add spaghetti to the skillet, tossing in the wine with tongs until wine is absorbed, add the reserved cooking water with wine to keep pasta wet. Test pasta for doneness, adjust seasoning as needed, then add cheese and basil and toss until the wine sauce thickens enough to coat the pasta, about 1 minute. Serve with additional parmesan shavings and basil on top.