September is the first month when you really start to feel the chill of fall creeping back in. The autumn chill isn’t quite here yet but the summer warmth is surely fading away. One of my favorite things about this weather is eating soup! There are infinite variations you can try when it comes to making this soul-warming dish. This delicious soup marries zucchini and cottage cheese, enhanced by Mediterranean flavors, with the parmesan, garlic and olive oil. This is a great way to use up some of those huge zucchinis left in your garden after a bountiful summer. This creamy soup is very quickly make and is perfect for a dinner with a slice of ham and arugula on the side.
Ingredient list for the zucchini soup with parmesan
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 1/3 oz (50g) grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 clove of garlic
1. Sauté minced garlic and sliced zucchini in olive oil for 5 minutes.
2. Cover with water.
3. Crumble the bouillon cube over the pan and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Drain the zucchini, keeping a little broth, and mix in a blender with both cheese and broth until desired consistency.