When you want a sweet, sticky cake for a tea party or after dinner, try these single bites of yumminess. With a light and flaky texture and crunchy toasted almonds, these min-cakes make a delicious treat for family and friends. All is about almonds and honey in this recipe, so pick a flavorful honey to show off and savor.
Ingredients for Mini Almond Honey Cake
Makes a dozen mini-cakes:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (120g) of self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (100g) honey
- 1/2 cup (100g) salted butter
- Slivered almonds
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Melt salted butter in the microwave or double boiler and allow to cool.
3. In a bowl, beat eggs with honey. Add the cooled butter and whisk again.
4. Stir in flour all at once and mix with a wooden spoon. The preparation should be smooth.
5. Fill the cavities of mini-financier silicone molds to 3/4 height, sprinkle with slivered almonds and bake for about 20 minutes. The cakes should be golden. Check doneness with a toothpick: it should come out clean when you pick the cakes. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
(Photography by Cuisimiam)