If you love lemon, you’ll go crazy for these yummy lemon souffles. Quick and easy, this tasty dessert is perfect for finishing dinner or for a “holiday” breakfast any time of the year.
Ingredients list for Lemon Souffle Dessert
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 limes
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (50g) flour
- 1/3 cup (60g) caster sugar
- 6 egg whites beaten stiff
- Icing sugar
1. Butter your ramekins with a brush and sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. Keep refrigerated.
2. Collect zest of two limes and squeeze the juice.
3. In a bowl, beat 3 egg yolks, flour, a tablespoon (10g) of sugar and lemon juice.
4. In a saucepan, simmer milk, lime zest and butter. When butter is melted, pour 1/10 of the hot milk over the egg yolks and mix them quickly. Transfer everything into the saucepan with remaining milk. Cook for about 1 minute until the mixture thickens. Then remove from heat and let cool.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff (not too firm) with a pinch of salt and the remaining sugar. Stir a spoonful of egg whites in the warm preparation and mix thoroughly. In a second step, fold gently the remaining egg whites.
6. Remove the ramekins from the refrigerator and fill them generously. Smooth the surface with a spatula. Sprinkle with icing sugar before baking for about 25 minutes at 360°F (180°C).
7. Out of the oven, sprinkle again with icing sugar. Serve in the ramekin right out of the oven (soufflés fall quickly) with a raspberry coulis.
(Photo by Elise Cooks)