Ideal for a brunch or picnic, this incredibly moist and cheesy quiche pairs lightly sweet sauteed leeks with plenty of nutty Gruyère. As quiche is surprisingly forgiving, we enjoin you to experiment with your own variations!
Ingredients list for the leek quiche recipe
For the crust:
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 stick (125g) softened butter
- 1 egg
- 3 cups water
- A pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 3 eggs
- 4/5 cup (20cl) of heavy cream
- 3 leeks cut into thick slices
- 3/4 cup (100g) grated cheese (Gruyère or mild Cheddar)
- Salt, pepper
1. Combine flour and diced softener butter in a bowl. Mix with your fingers.
2. Stir in egg, salt and water mix for 2 minutes until you can form a ball.
3. Wrap in plastic film and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
4. After 1 hour, spread the dough and line the bottom of a tart pan covered with parchment paper. Prick the dough with a fork.
5. Blind bake at 340°F (170°C) for 15 minutes in your oven.
1. Cook sliced leeks for a few minutes in a skillet with a little olive oil. Cook until tender. Season with salt and set aside.
2. Whisk eggs and cream in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper and grated cheese.
3. Place cooked leeks evenly over the pre-baked dough.
4. Pour egg mixture over leeks and bake for 40 minutes at 340°F (170°C).