Here we go with savory muffins with tomatoes and feta: what could be better to accompany your tomatoes salad or your first spring buffets? These small bites will be perfect to enjoy on a picnic too. You can change the ingredients into of the muffins to suit the tastes of your diners.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes
Ingredients list for the savory muffins with dried tomatoes and feta :
About 20 muffins:
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups (300g) flour
- 4 1/2 oz (125g) butter
- 2/3 (15cl) milk
- 4 1/4 oz (120g) feta
- 2 1/2 oz (70g) dried tomatoes in olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 pinches of salt
1. Melt a knob of butter for molds.
2. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
3. Melt the butter over low heat.
4. Cut the tomatoes and feta cheese into small cubes.
5. Whisk the eggs and milk with salt.
6. Stir in flour, baking powder and a few pinches of fresh thyme.
7. Pour the melted butter with a spatula, and then add the feta and tomatoes.
8. Grease muffin cups with a brush and the melted butter.
9. Fill the molds to 3/4 full.
10. Bake for 20 minutes.
You can replace the feta with chorizo, marinated anchovies, or pesto. Adjust the amount of salt depending on the condiments you’re adding.