There are so many variations with beef goulash that it is impossible to know which one is the real deal. So I decided to make a beef goulash with cumin & beer! Of course, you’ve got the right to create a mix of all the recipes you can find on the web! The essential ingredients for goulash are beef cubes, peppers, and paprika (I cheated with cayenne pepper). For the rest, you can use whatever you want!
Ingredients list for the beef goulash with cumin & beer
Preparation time: 20 minutes. Cooking time: at least 3 hours without a pressure cooker.
- 1/4 lb (100g) bacon
- 2 red peppers
- 1 carrot
- 3/4 to 1 lb (300 to 400g) of beef cubes (the same as the warehouse fire)
- 2 onions
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt & pepper
- 13 1/2 fl oz (40cl) of beer
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
1. Saute beef cubes on all sides in a pan with a little olive oil. Book and clean the pan.
2. Reduce chopped onions and bacon in vinegar. Then add the diced peppers, carrots (peeled and cut in pieces), tomato paste, spices, salt and pepper.
3. Pour the beer into the pan, it should cover everything. Reduce heat and let simmer for at least 3 hours.
Tip: Beef Goulash is even better when reheated the next day. You can also cook everything in a pressure cooker.