Pickled vegetables can be served as an aperitif or to accompany an exotic dish… Originally from the french caraibean islands and typically Creole, here is a concentrate of flavors, perfumes and spices on your table.
Level of difficulty : Medium
Preparation : 25 min
Baking 3 min
Ingredients list for Pickled Vegetables salad
for 6 people :
- 1/2 lb (250 g) carrots
- 1 white cabbage
- 1 cauliflower
- 7 ounces (200 g) green beans
- 1 red pepper
- 2 green peppers
- 1 3/4 tablespoons (25 g) ginger
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 coffeespoons of oil
- 1 coffeespoon of turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- Salt, pepper
Preparation: Pickled Vegetables
– Peel the carrots, cut them into 8cm long strips.
– Chop the cabbage finely.
– Separate the cauliflower into small florets.
– Remove the stalk from beans, cut beans lengthwise.
– Chop the pepper and chilies finely.
– Scald all the vegetables for 1 minute. The vegetables should remain crisp.
– Drain well.
– Heat oil in a frying pan.
– Sauté the chopped onion, chopped garlic, and crushed ginger.
– Add the turmeric and salt.
– Join the vegetables.
– Mix well and stir for 2 minutes.
– Remove from heat and add the white vinegar.
– Allow to marinate in a bowl.
– Keep refrigerated.
Enjoy as an aperitif or served with canapés.