Treat yourself, or your loved one with this raspberry ginger cocktail for Valentine’s Day. Sweet and fruity, this red cocktail will be perfect for a very special evening!
Ingredients list for the raspberry vodka cocktail
Makes 1 cocktail, double or triple quantities as you need
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon sugar syrup (see recipe below)
- Fresh grated ginger infused in 2 tablespoons water
- Extra raspberries for garnish
- Mint + for garnish
- 1oz (30ml) vodka
- Ice cubes
Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
The sugar syrup:
Add 1 cup (240ml) water and 1/2 cup (100g) sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil, and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Another tried method is to put water and sugar into a bowl and microwave on medium power for 5 minutes, faster and same result.
1. Add vodka, raspberries, lime juice, sugar syrup, ginger water and mint leaves into a cocktail shaker along with crushed ice.
2. Pour the strained cocktail into a glass and garnish with extra raspberries and mint.
Note: To make a cute heart garnish, cut two raspberries in diagonal and tie them together with two toothpicks.