This simple low-fat raspberry parfait based on cottage cheese rather than cream is a perfect destination for fresh or frozen raspberries. Serve it as a dessert, a breakfast, or a healthy movie-snack!
Ingredients list for the Raspberry Cottage Cheese Parfait
- 7 oz (200g) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups (450g) low-fat or nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 2 gelatin sheets or 1/2 teaspoon agar-agar
1. Wet the gelatin into a bowl of cold water.
2. Heat half the raspberries in a saucepan and crush them to make a puree. Simmer for 3 minutes then filter to collect the juice. Chop roughly the remaining raspberries, keeping some for the garnish and add to the juice. Add sugar and gelatin and stir well together and let cool a bit.
3. Meanwhile beat cottage cheese with a whisk or a food processor until smooth. Add sugar to taste and continue to whisk until there is no graininess.
4. Divide into the bottom of 4 glasses and stir half the berries, then another layer of cottage cheese. Finish with remaining berries. Pick 2 raspberries on a toothpick for garnish. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Note: This dessert will keep for two or three days in the refrigerator. You can substitute cottage cheese for Greek Yogurt.