Here is a pumpkin gnocchi recipe that you absolutely should try to do!
This surprising and subtle blend will delight even the most skeptical minds. Gnocchi are a kind of easy-to-make Italian dumplings usually made of cooked potatoes, flour, and sometimes an egg. The gnocchi are boiled and served with a sauce. For this recipe we will use pumpkin instead of potatoes. Then we will make the sauce with sage leaves infused in melted butter.
Ingredients list for Pumpkin Gnocchi Recipe
- 1 1/3 (600g) pumpkin flesh, cut into cubes but not too big
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 egg
- 1/3 lb (150g) of flour
- 1 3/4 (50g) grated parmesan
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- Fleur de sel (or coarse salt)
- Sage leaves for the sauce
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Cook steamed pumpkin with the bouquet garni and some salt.
2. When the pumpkin flesh is cooked, remove the bouquet garni and crush the cubes of pumpkin with a fork. Let Cool.
3. On your work plan, place the pumpkin puree, add the egg, garlic, Parmesan, nutmeg, pepper and a little flour. Start mixing and add the remaining flour. Knead until dough is smooth. Let rest 1/2 hour.
4. then form the gnocchi. Take a piece of dough and roll a bead with a diameter of a bit less than one inch (2cm). Cut the sausage into segments. Repeat until all the dough is rolled and cut Your gnocchi are ready to cook.
5. Heat a large amount of salted water in a pot just high enough. When the water boils, dip the gnocchi in. They are cooked when they go up to the surface. Remove the water using a skimmer.
6. Depending on the season, you can melt the butter in a pan with sage and drizzle over the gnocchi.