Potatoes, onion, cajun spices and lots of cheese makes this spicy potato casserole a fantastic side dish that will disappear quickly on Thanksgiving!
- 6 russet potatoes, sliced into ¼-inch slices (we used a mandoline slicer like this one)
- 1 onion, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cajun spice blend (smoked paprika, bay, dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme, celery seeds, black pepper, cayenne pepper)
- Olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey cheese
- Fresh or dried parsley, to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F(190°C). Butter a 9×13 or two 9×9 casserole dishes.
2. Toss the potato slices in a large bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper, the cajun spice blend and onions.
3. Layer the potato slices in the dish, overlapping slightly.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, remove the foil and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes more. Allow the dish to rest for 15-20 minutes before serving.