Vibrant, sparkling and transportive. Not only these pickled snow peas pack a lot of fiber, vitamin K, calcium, vitamin C and probiotics, but they also have that wonderful sweet flavor. They’ll be perfect in your salads, on toasts and sandwiches. This recipe is tasty and adaptable to any type of peas or beans to perfectly capture spring and summer aroma.
Ingredients list for the pickled Snow Peas
- One to two handful of snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar, or rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 coffee spoon salt
- 1-2 garlic cloves, halved
- A coffee spoon black and white peppercorns
Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
1. Rinse and pack the pea pods into a sterile canning jar and top with garlic and peppercorns.
2. In a saucepan, combine water, vinegar, salt and honey. Heat the mixture without boiling, until honey is dissolved. Pour the mixture over the snow peas. Use a chopstick to remove any air bubbles and add more brine if necessary, wipe the rims and seal.
3. Let the jar sit for 15 minutes in a hot water bath. Let cool and check the seals. Allow the jar cool to room temperature. You can serve the pickles immediately or keep in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.