This wonderful quick pickled rhubarb is a great ingredient to have on hand to flavor everything from salads to cheese and charcuterie plates or smoked fish and pâtés. Make it a day ahead to let the flavors develop.
Ingredients list for the pickled rhubarb
Makes 1 jar:
- 2 – 3 rhubarb stalks
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar, or rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 coffee spoon salt
- 1 coffee spoon peppercorns
- 2 dried chillies
- 1/2 tablespoon cloves
- Bay leaves
- Star anise
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
1. Rinse and scrub the rhubarb stalks. Trim the leaves and the thick end. Cut in 3/4-inch (2cm) sections and pack into a sterilized jar. Top with spices and condiments.
2. In a saucepan, combine water, vinegar, salt and honey. Heat the mixture without boiling, until honey is dissolved. Pour the mixture over the rhubarb and close the lid.
3. Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Allow to marinate for 24 hours before serving.