Warning: You’re going to want to lick your plate. Whether you’re planning a low-key party meal or sneaking in a weeknight dinner, put these crisp-tender pesto pork chops on the menu and you’re sure to make a hit.
Ingredients list for the pesto baked pork chops
- 4 pork chops
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small shallots, peeled and root ends trimmed
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
1. Pulse garlic, oil, and 1 cup parsley in a food processor or blender until very finely chopped; season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper.
2. Make small cuts on the fat rimming around the pork chops, this will prevent them from curling. Season with pepper and spread herb paste on both sides. Place in a large bowl and marinate for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Bring the pork chops at room temperature; place a rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 400°F (200°C). Sear the pork chops in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook on one side, undisturbed, until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove form the skillet, and transfer to the baking pan with the cooking juices, cooked side up. Spread the remaining herb paste on pork chops. Add shallots to the pan and transfer to oven. Roast for 6-8 minutes, until crisp but still tender and juicy in the middle.
5. Transfer the cooked pork chops to a plate and pour any pan juices over the top. Tent loosely with foil and let the chops rest for at least 5 minutes before serving with shallots, parsley, and any pan juices.