Holidays season is coming soon, please go and do yourself a favor — What would be better to amaze family and friends than a deliciously decadent chocolate tart to finish a good dinner? Incredibly easy to make and creamy, this tart is freaking divine after a night in the fridge. To balance the extraordinary, rich and creamy texture of the ganache, frozen raspberries will bring all the sweetness it needs.
Ingredient list for the Frozen Chocolate Tart recipe
Serves 6 to 8 :
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) flour
- 4 1/2(125g) cold butter, diced
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1lb (450g) milk chocolate
- 2 cups (250g) heavy cream
- Frozen raspberries for decoration (pick them up fresh when they are in season!)
Prepare the tart shell:
1. Prepare the short-crust pastry by kneading the ingredients by hand. For more details, check this tutorial on how to make short-crust pastry.
2. Line a 8 inches (20cm) diameter mold (I used a silicone cake pan, very convenient for the release of the pastry!).
3. Blind bake the tart shell at 390°F (200°C) for 15 minutes.
Make the filling:
1. Boil the cream in a saucepan. Remove from heat and stir the chocolate in until completely melted.
2. Pour the ganache on the bottom of the baked tart shell and bake for 10 minutes more. If you worry that it doesn’t set in the oven, left it in longer and give it a little shake from time to time, and if it’s wobbling too much leave it in a little longer.
3. Allow to cool completely before refrigerating overnight. Garnish with fresh or frozen raspberries before serving… Success is guaranteed!