Whether you enjoy these pepperoni pizza puffs for brunch, lunch or dinner, they are so good and can be ready in less than 20 minutes! With a crisp puff pastry, bell pepper, mozzarella and pepperoni, every bite is bursting with flavor! You might want to double the recipe, because these won’t last long!
Ingredients list for the pizza puffs
Makes 6 mini pizzas:
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 cup pizza sauce or ground tomatoes
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
- Crushed chili pepper flakes, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F. Roll out the puff pastry and divide into 6 squares (approx. 3-inch sides). Butter each cavities of a muffin pan. Line the bottom of each cavities with the puff pastry squares.
2. Add a tablespoon of tomato sauce into each cavity. Add few dices of bell pepper, a pepperoni slice and sprinkle with oregano and shredded mozzarella. Repeat the process to make another layer and finish by sprinkling with oregano.
3. Transfer the muffin pan to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until puffed and golden.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool down for a little while before removing the pizza puffs from the muffin pan. Garnish with crushed pepper flakes and parsley, if you want. Enjoy with a crisp salad!
Note: You can easily double or triple the batch if you’re cooking for a crowd.