Still known for its taste, it is composed with partridge or duck, foie gras, truffles and subtle spice. Best cooks offer it in the menu especially during the game season. To taste in a crust or in the form of a terrine.
Ingredients: Pate of Chartres Recipe
- Half a lobe of fresh raw foie gras
- 300 g of veal
- 300 g of fresh pork
- 200 g chicken livers
- 4 partridges and offals
- 200 g of Bard
- A handful of shelled pistachios
- Salt, Pepper, Spices
- 3 cl Cognac, Porto 3 cl
- 3 cl scent of game made with the carcasses of partridges.
Pie dough for Pâté of Chartres:
- 500g flour
- 200g butter
- 10g salt
- 20cl of water
- 2 egg yolks
Preparation: Chartes Pate:
Progression of the Pâté recipe:
– Take four partridges for plain of Beauce (any partridge will do the trick as we assume everyone is not in France) , killed four days ago.
– After being plucked, singed and gutted, open their back. Prick the fillets with bacon bard (this is known as “shooting the partridges”).
– Sprinkle the inside with farce stuffing made up of pork, veal and chicken livers, offal of game, an pistachio previously set in marinade with cognac and porto wine and spices (at a rate of one third each). We must then keep half of the stuffing to a further pieces of foie gras and truffles.
– Make a good stiff dough with butter. Spread it on the table in a large well lowering ronde. At the center drop a farce bed. Lay partridges on the farce by closing all the gaps.
– Lift the dough all around, taking care not to leave any empty space. Before welding the lid, put on quite a bit of butter and a piece of laurier. Pinch all arround.
– Golden whilehe egg without forgetting to put a little aluminum chimney for the cooking vapor to be released and bake at 180 degrees for about 2:15.