Simply the best chicken parmesan! Chicken is baked, not fried, and comes out crisp on the outside and tender moist in the inside. Serve over zucchini noodles for a complete dinner everyone will love, ready in 30 minutes!
Ingredients list for the Parmesan Chicken
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts, cut into fillets
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce of your choice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Zucchini noodles, for serving
- Lemon slices and fresh basil, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). Oil a sheet pan or a cast iron skillet.
2. Depending on the sizes of your chicken breasts, slice each one to make 1/2-inch thick fillets. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
3. Place each chicken fillet into the breadcrumb mixture and coat both sides. Place breaded chicken fillets in the sheet pan or skillet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they start to look done and crispy.
4. Remove from the oven and top with pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake 5-10 minutes more or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through. Top with chopped basil and serve over zucchini noodles for a low carb meal, along with lemon slices to drizzle over.