Imagine this tasty roasted chicken sitting at the center of your dinner table, just out of the oven, perfuming the room with its porto and herbs scent… This roasted chicken is simple and easy to do with these little olives and herbs which adds a subtle touch to this refined dish. What is great with this kind of dish is that it is not only very good, but in addition, there are not many dishes to clean afterwards.
I just love cooking in the oven, I hope you do too!
Preparation time: 15 min – Cooking time: 45 min
Cost: easy and affordable
Ingredient list for roasted chicken with Porto sauce
For 2 people:
- 1 chicken or cockerel
- Small cherry tomatoes
- 1 small can of pitted green olives
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Spring onions
- 1 cup (25 cl) of Porto
- 2/3 cup (15 cl) of water
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 390°f (200°c).
2. Put the chicken to brown in a chef pan with olive oil. Be careful to brown all sides.
3. Add the garlic and small whole onions, add salt and pepper.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan and place it in a baking dish.
5. In the pan where you roasted the chicken, add a little olive oil, sliced olives and whole cherry tomatoes.
6. Add salt, pepper and sprinkle with herbs.
7. bring to oven for 5 minutes. Moisten with Porto and water to make a juice that will be used to baste meat. Sprinkle the chicken with the juice.
8. Put the chicken back in the oven for about 45 minutes of cooking. Every 10 minutes, baste the chicken with porto sauce.
9. Serve your roasted chicken with wild rice.
(photo by Eleonora Grosjean)