Orange Lemon Cakes! If you’re looking to enhance your tea-time with a few unique tasting bites, these delicious mini cakes are here to surprise you. Easy to make and very good with their tastes of orange and lemon. So if you still want to enjoy your winter oranges, it’s time to get your hands into the dough!
Preparation time: 30 minutes – Baking time: about 30 min max
Ingredients list for the orange lemon cake
- 3 or 4 oranges, untreated
- 1/2 unwaxed lemon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (220 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (220 g) sugar, again!
- Vanilla seeds
- 1 1/2 cup (150 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) ground almonds
- 3 1/2 ounces (150 g) butter
- 3/4 ounce (20 g) butter for molds
1. Squeeze the oranges and keep 1 cup (25 cl) juice. Place the juice, zest and sugar in a saucepan and heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes until the mixture gets syrupy. Book.
3. Preheat oven to 320°f (160°c).
4. Melt the butter over low heat.
5. Beat the eggs, remaining sugar and vanilla seeds for 5-8 minutes with an electric mixer until it gets frothy and triples in volume.
6. Add the flour and baking powder by sieving. Then add the melted butter, almond powder and finally the lemon zest. Mix.
7. Butter the ramekins or cake pans generously and pour the preparation in. Bake for about 30 min. Prick with a knife, the blade should come out clean.
8. Turn cakes upside down immediately onto a serving dish and drizzle with the syrup.
(Photo by Eleonora Grosjean)