Delicious one-pan parmesan chicken pasta everyone will love! Chicken, spaghetti, sun dried tomatoes, parmesan and basil combine to create an easy meal loaded with flavor. The best part? This huge winner needs just one pot!
Ingredients list for the one-pot chicken pasta
Serves: 6 large servings
- 8 ounces (220g) spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb. (450g) chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 coffee spoon, smoked paprika for the chicken
- 1/4 coffee spoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 jar sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth + water to cover
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Season chicken with salt, pepper paprika and cayenne. In a large Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and saute for a few minutes, until fragrant. Deglaze with chicken stock and cover with water, stirring and scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon.
3. Bring to a boil; then reduce to a simmer and add pasta. Cook until pasta soak up about 8 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, put 3/4 of the sun dried tomatoes, parmesan and basil in a blender a pulse to obtain a pesto. Once pasta is cooked, stir in pesto and mix well to combine. Cook for a few more minutes, adding ladles of water if necessary. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and sprinkle with more chopped sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil just before serving.