Do you enjoy doing dishes? Same for us! That is just one of the great things about this one-pot pork roast with vegetables! As the pork cooks slowly, the fat will gradually render, basting the roast and making the tender strips of flavorful meat, sweet carrots and potatoes literally fall apart. This pork roast is even better reheated the day after. A delicious way to have your dinner done in one dish!
Ingredients list for the One-Pot Pork Roast
- 3 – 4 potatoes, rinsed and quartered, with skin on
- 4 to 6 carrots, cleaned and trimmed, with skin on
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, skin on
- 3 to 3 1/2 lbd (1.5 – 2kg) pork sirloin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (dried oregano, thyme, basil and rosemary)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dry white wine (optional)
1. Season the pork roast with salt, pepper and Italian spice mix. Heat oil in a large pot on medium-high and brown roast on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Combine vegetable broth and honey, then pour over meat to deglaze. Add white wine if you like. Arrange potatoes, carrots and garlic around the pork roast in the pot. Sprinkle chopped scallions on top.
3. Cover and simmer on low for 5-7 hours, or until the pork is fork tender. Baste meat and vegetables with the cooking juices from time to time. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy! ♡