Looking for a speedy dinner for two? You are going to love this one-pan chicken gnocchi drenched in a summery tomato butter sauce! It is packed full of flavors, has only 7 ingredients (beside salt, pepper and oil), and comes together quickly in a single pan.
Ingredients list for the one-pan chicken gnocchi
- 1 lb (400g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- one handful fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces (225g) gnocchi
1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Cook gnocchi according to package directions, keep them slightly al dente as they’ll finish cooking in the tomato butter sauce.
3. Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet. Add the chicken and pan-fry for several minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. When the chicken is done, set aside in a plate.
4. In the same skillet, add onion and stir fry until translucent. Add diced bell pepper and garlic and stir fry for 1 minute. Add diced tomato and simmer to cook the tomatoes down into a thick sauce.
5. Add butter and stir to combine until the butter is completely melted. Add the drained gnocchi and stir well to coat. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and add cooked chicken back into the sauce for a few minutes. Stir in basil Just before serving enjoy!