I guess there’s a reason why realtors often tell homeowners to bake cookies before showing their house to prospective clients! If you need comfort and strength to take on tedious tasks, have one or two of these chewy peanut butter and oatmeal cookies along with a cup of your favorite tea or coffee. These cookies are chewy on the inside with a crispy outside; the perfect combination for a cookie!
Ingredients list for chewy cookies with peanut butter and oats
- 1 cup (90g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. coffee vanilla extract (or more, I have used the essential oil of vanilla, so the dosage is not the same)
- 2 3/4 ounces (80g) butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 to 4 tbspof peanut butter
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
You can add crushed walnuts, other nuts or chocolate chips to your wish, it is also delicious with raisins. This list seems long, but it’s only simple ingredients, and it’s fast to do. Come on!
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C). Soften the butter and mix with sugar. Add egg, vanilla, water and peanut butter, and mix well so that the dough becomes uniform.
2. Mix flour, oats, baking soda and baking powder together — these cookies do not contain salt because peanut butter is already salted — and add to first mixture. Add nuts, chocolate chips or raisins, but not too much.
3. Place dollops of dough on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper – a silicon baking mat is also very practical (I put almost 9 cookies per baking sheet) – and bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on your oven. The cookies will appear undone when you remove them from the oven. This is normal; don’t panic as they will firm up when they cool on the cookie sheet.