This light, no-mayo version of the classic potato salad is creamy and slightly spicy. It uses greek yogurt and cream cheese instead of mayonnaise, making it an healthy potato salad that perfect for your picnics, barbecues and pot lucks.
Ingredient list for the no-mayo potato salad
- 6-8 white rose or red potatoes
- Fresh chives
- 2 eggs, for garnish
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black or white pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
1. Boil the potatoes until they are just soft. You don’t want them to become mushy as you toss the potato salad. Let them cool under cold water, then peel and cut them into small pieces.
2. Meanwhile, hard boil the eggs. After they cool cut them in half.
3. Prepare the potato salad dressing by mixing together cream cheese, greek yogurt, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and mustard. Chop the chives.
4. Mix the potatoes with the desired amount of dressing and chill in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. Top with halved eggs and sprinkle with chopped chives and additional cayenne pepper if desired.