If you think you can’t have fresh bread for dinner tonight without a hassle, just think again! These no-knead bread rolls are incredible and totally fool-proof! You barely even touch the dough and it rises in only 90 minutes—As easy as it gets when it comes to bread making!
Ingredients list for the no-knead bread rolls
- 4 cups (500g) all-purpose or bread flour + more for dusting
- 1 1/3 cup (300ml) lukewarm water
- 1/3 cup (70ml) lukewarm milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (8g) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Whisk together flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and add yeast, lukewarm water, milk and sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon just until blended and all of the flour is wet. Don’t knead or overwork the dough. You should obtain a very sticky dough. Keep in the bowl, covered with a dap cloth, for 2 hours at room temperature, or until dough is doubled in size.
2. Heat your oven to 450°F (240°C) at least 15 to 20 minutes or so before the dough is ready and place a container with water in the bottom of the oven. Meanwhile transfer the dough to a floured surface and divide in 6 small balls. Add more flour in it’s too sticky and allow to rise for 30 minutes if you had to overwork the dough.
3.Transfer the balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes, carefully monitoring, until the bread rolls are golden and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Notes: The dough will be sticky, handle it quickly, using flour to prevent it sticking to your hands too much.