Who can resist the rich, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth bliss of cheesecake? With a crisp Biscoff bottom and a delicious blend of cream cheese and whipped cream, this delightfully creamy strawberry and lime cheesecake is actually easier to make than other traditional cakes, and is incredibly impressive for family or guests.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Resting: 6 hours minimum
Ingredient list for the no-bake strawberry cheesecakes
Makes 2 mini cheesecakes
- 1/3 cup (65g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (65g) strawberries
- 2 1/3 oz (65g) Biscoff cookies
- 3 oz (85g) Philadelphia
- Cottage cheese
- 1/5 cup (50ml) of cold heavy cream
- 1 sheet of gelatin
- 1 3/4 tablespoon (25g) melted butter
- 1 organic lime
- 1 tablespoon strawberry & lime jam
For mounting the cheesecakes, I recommend using a set of ring molds so you can come up with perfectly shaped cakes. They are also useful for food presentation, stacking vegetable tartares, rice etc…
1. Crumble Biscoff cookies in a bowl with a pestle (or place in a food processor and pulse to a fine crumb). Combine with warm melted butter.
2. Place a plastic film under 2 ring molds—or cookie cutters— 2 1/2-inch (7cm) diameter. Line the bottom with crumbled Biscoff and pack well.
3. Soften gelatin in water. Meanwhile, grate the zest of lime and collect the juice. In a saucepan, boil the lime juice, zest and sugar. Stop cooking as soon as the mixture starts to boil.
4. Add drained gelatine off heat, then add Philadelphia and cottage cheese. Transfer into a large bowl.
5. Beat the heavy cream to make whipped cream and add to the lemon mixture.
7. Pour this lemon cream over the Biscoff cookies. Refrigerate the cheesecakes for at least 6 hours, overnight is even better.
8. Rinse and hull strawberries. Cut into quarters. Place a large spoonful of strawberry and lime jam over the cheesecakes. Top with sliced strawberries and grated lime zest. Serve immediately!
(Photo Credit : Aurelie’s Cooking)