Chanterelles are pretty-looking mushrooms you can find when walking in the forest. Their tops have the shape of a cup or a trumpet. Chanterelles have a subtle flavor; kind of a balance of fruity, peppery, and gently earthy. This omelet is really easy to make. It takes less than 20 minutes to have it ready on your plate! You can use any other mushrooms you have available, as long as they aren’t canned or dried.
Ingredient list for the mushrooms omelette
Preparation time: 10 min –
Cooking time: 10 min
Yield: about 4 servings
- 8 large fresh eggs
- 1 2/3 lbs (800g) chanterelles or any other seasonal mushrooms
- 1 bunch of chives
- A little oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat a little oil in a nonstick skillet.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook until all the water has evaporated. Salt and pepper.
3. Wash, dry and chop your chives.
4. Beat your eggs with a fork in a bowl. Add chives, salt and pepper then beat until your eggs get foamy.
5. When foamy, pour the beaten eggs on your mushrooms in the pan and cook over moderate heat, stirring the center of the omelet with a wooden spoon.
6. Slide your mushrooms omelet onto a large plate and enjoy immediately.
(Photo by Eleonora Grosjean)