Make this toasty mulled apple cider cocktail for your next fall fling or a cozy evening! Slowly infused with orange, pomegranate, star anise and cinnamon, this twist on a spicy classic is basically fall in a glass!
Ingredients list for the mulled Apple Cider
- 1 gallon (3.75L) fresh apple cider or unfiltered apple juice—or 12 to 16 apples, cored and sliced (we like royal gala for its tart taste)
- 1 medium orange
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Orange slices, for serving (optional)
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. Make your own apple cider—if you bought it from the store, skip directly to step 2: put apple slices in a blender with a small glass of water to ease the process, proceed by batches. Pulse until smooth, then filter though a fine mesh strainer, pushing with a muddler. Transfer the collected juice to a large pot or pitcher and add water if you want a thinner consistency.
2. Fill the slow cooker (or a large pot) with the apple cider. Add orange slices, cinnamon, star anise, and pomegranate seeds.
3. Cover the slow cooker or pot and cook until the flavors meld, 4 hours over low heat. Allow to cool down and serve in glasses garnished with additional cinnamon, pomegranate seeds and orange slices if desired.