Perfect for breakfast or a healthy grab and go snack, these cookies have loads of flavor and texture thanks to the mix of cereal and fruit already in the muesli. They look more like small granola bars but the addition of what flour give them a fuller body and plenty of fiber. Feel free to replace the golden syrup with honey or maple syrup.
Ingredient list for the Muesli Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes depending on size of cookies
Yield: About 20 cookies
- 2/3 pound (300g) muesli with 50% fruit
- 2/3 cup (75g) whole wheat flour
- 7 tablespoons (100g) salted butter
- 1/2 cup (150g) Golden Syrup (or honey or maple syrup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
1. Combine muesli and flour in a large bowl.
2. In a medium pan, melt the butter over low heat then remove from heat, add the golden syrup (or honey) and mix well.
3. Beat the egg in bowl and set aside.
4. Preheat your oven to 350°F (170°C – gas mark 5-6).
5. Mix butter and golden syrup and combine with the beaten egg. Stir thoroughly then add to muesli and flour. Stir until fully combined.
6. Using a scoop that holds approximately 2 tablespoons or dough, scoop the mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving about 2-3 inches between each cookie.
7. Bake about 20 minutes, until golden.
8. Using a spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days (don’t worry, they won’t last that long!).