How many ways can you make an omelet? Tender and delicious, this rolled omelet can either be the main part of a breakfast or a side dish in a lunch or a dinner. Stuffed with red and green bell peppers, mozzarella and oregano, this very aromatic omelet also makes a great make ahead appetizer for entertaining: Simply make this the previous day of a party, wrap it and put in the refrigerator, then just cut it up and serve the day of!
Ingredients lis for Rolled Omelet with Mozzarella and Bell Pepper
Serving 4 :
- 8 eggs
- 1 lb (250g) mozzarella
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Clean and cut the peppers into small pieces. Cut the mozzarella into thin slices.
2. In a skillet, sweat the bell peppers with olive oil for 6 – 7 minutes. Salt and pepper and sprinkle with oregano. Set aside.
3. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C). In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add salt and ground pepper. In a hot pan with olive oil , add the beaten eggs and cook for 5 minutes over low heat with a lid.
4. Place the omelet on a large sheet of oiled aluminum foil. Add mozzarella and the bell peppers on top. Roll the omelet ( tightest possible) into a big sausage and wrap it in foil. Bake for 5 minutes .
5. At the exit of the oven, leave for a few minutes. Then cut into thick slices, arrange on plates with tomato salad.