Mini Chocolate Raspberry Fondants—A simply amazing dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth this Valentine’s Day.
Prep time: 15 mins
Baking time: 8-12 mins
Ingredients list for the chocolate fondant
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 stick (110g) butter, plus for greasing
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (40g) all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa + for dusting
- 20 raspberries
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. Pre-heat your oven to 410°F (210°C). Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined and smooth.
2. Brush thoroughly the inside of muffin molds with butter, then dust with cocoa.
3. Using an electric mixer, whisk together the eggs, sugar and a pinch of salt until pale and foamy. The mixture should almost double in volume. Gently fold in the melted chocolate and butter, and then the flour and cocoa powder.
4. Spoon into the prepared muffin pan, stopping just below the edge. Insert two raspberries in the center and cover with the chocolate batter.
5. Transfer onto a baking tray and bake for 8-12 minutes at 410°F (210°C) until the tops are set and coming away from the sides of the cavities. Verify with a toothpick, the center must still be runny. Allow to rest for 30 secs, then serve on individual dessert plates with a sprinkle of castor sugar.
Notes: You must beat eggs and sugar for quite a long time to get that moussey texture. Check the cakes in the oven, make sure they don’t overcook.