As pies and tarts are some of the first things we make each fall, we experimented with a smaller version of one of our favorites with these Mini Individual Apple Tarts. If you are the kind of person who lacks self control around sweet things, I suggest you just stop reading by now… With crisp baked apples, cinnamon and toasted almonds, they simply are the perfect bite size snacks for a tea afternoon or a kid friendly dessert. Perfectly golden and crunchy, the crust is a quick adaptation of the puff pastry recipe that is easier to throw together.
Preparation time: 45 minutes, including dough resting time of 30 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients list for mini individual apple pies
for 4 mini apple pies
- 3 1/2 (100g) butter
- 1 cup (100g) flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoon (3cl) water
- 1 or 2 apples
- Some slivered almonds
- Brown sugar
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
Preheat your oven to 390°F (200°C).
The “express” puff pastry
1. Put the flour into a bowl, add the butter cut into cubes, salt and sugar.
2. Mix together to form a crumble. Then add water and work the dough to make it homogeneous, it should be quite sticky.
3. Finally, let the dough rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
1. Peel the apples and cut them into thin slices.
2. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and spread it onto a floured surface. Make circles and place them on a baking sheet.
3. Sew the circles of dough to make borders and sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange the apples on top, sprinkle with slivered almonds, butter curls and a little cinnamon.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. It’s ready!
Tip: For a quicker recipe, you can also use the ready-made puff pastry sheets.