This decadent sweet pizza with a creamy chocolate spread and topped with crunchy caramelized hazelnuts is a real treat. The classic chocolate and hazelnut combination is divine in this super easy, kids friendly dessert!
Ingredients list for the Mini Chocolate Hazelnut Pizzas
- 1 pound (400g) bread dough or pizza dough
- 1 cup (150g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup (150ml) liquid cream (35% fat)
- 1/3 cup (60g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (120g) whole hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup (60g) white sugar
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
1. Put white sugar in a saucepan with 1 or 2 tablespoons water over medium heat. When the caramel starts to color, remove from heat and add the whole hazelnuts. Shake the saucepan to quickly coat all the hazelnuts. Pour on parchment paper and let cool. Roughly chop half the caramelized hazelnuts and mix the remaining in a blender to make a fine powder.
2.Put chopped dark chocolate in a bowl. Bring the cream to a boil and pour over chocolate. Allow chocolate to melt for a couple of minutes then stir well to obtain a smooth texture. Whisk and add the caramelized hazelnuts powder and the brown sugar. Mix well and allow to cool. Set aside.
3. Roll out the bread dough on a floured surface. With a large cookie cutter or a ring mold (about 3-4 inch), cut out as many discs as you can. Make a ball with remaining dough scraps, roll out again, cut discs etc… Transfer the discs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Prick the center of each disc with a fork and brush the edges with the beaten egg yolk. Bake in a preheated oven at 430°F (220°C), for 8 minutes.
4. When the pizza dough is baked, chill on a cooling rack. Spread a generous tablespoon of creamy chocolate and sprinkle with chopped caramelized hazelnuts. Enjoy immediately.