If you’re looking for a truly delicious and decadent chocolate dessert, this mini chocolate cake recipe is for you. With a hint of coffee and cachaça —the Brazilian national liquor—, brown sugar and cocoa express their full body of flavors. These mini flour-less chocolate cakes will be delicious for a dessert, with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream as well.
Ingredients list for the mini chocolate cakes
For 4/5 large ramekins:
- 3 oz (90g) of salted butter
- 2 oz (60g) of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 3/4 oz (135g) of dark chocolate
- 2 oz (60g) hazelnut praline (available on Amazon)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (unsweet)
- 1/5 cup (50mL) of strong espresso
- 2 tbsp (30mL) of cachaça or other strong liquor
Preheat your oven to 320°F (160°C).
1. Mix together the hazelnut praline and cocoa powder and set aside.
2. Beat eggs and sugar until the mixture gets stiff and triples in volume (about 5 minutes),
3. Melt butter and chocolate into a double boiler.
4. Add coffee and cachaça to the melted chocolate, mix and pour this mixture over the eggs.
5. Add the praline and cocoa mixture and mix gently.
6. Pour into buttered ramekins or muffin cups and bake for 15/20 min at 320°F (160°C).