Mmmm cookies! Warm from the oven and just waiting to accompany a glass of cold milk or a cup of steaming cocoa, cookies are one of the most favorite things for kids (and adults) to bake. So gather your finest baking essentials and tools and whip up a batch of these crisps muesli cookies that you can share with family and friends. They are delicious, easy to make, easy to carry, and perfect as a quick snack at school.
Ingredients list for the Muesli Cookies
Makes 10 cookies
- 1/4 pound (125g) of fruit muesli
- 1/2 cup (50g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 stick (50g) butter
- 1 or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- Zest of one organic orange
Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. Combine muesli, flour, sugar and maple syrup in a large bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave or double-boiler and stir in the muesli preparation.
3. Beat the egg lightly and stir in the batter. Mix well.
4. Take about 2 tablespoons of dough, roll into a ball and flatten slightly onto the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 360°F (180°C) or until golden brown and allow to cool on a rack. You can store these delicious cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.