In lobster, everything is good! Of course the flesh, but with shells and small legs, it makes this soup delicious.
Lobster flesh is very delicate and this soup is perfect for casual of formal dinner with friends or colleagues. There are many cooking steps but relax, just follow the steps and make sure your ingredients are ready before you start.
Level of difficulty: Medium
Preparation : 1 h
Cooking: 40 min
Ingredients list: Lobster Bisque Recipe
For 6 people
- 1 live lobster 800 g
- 3 / 4 dl olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 rib celery, parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped chervil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 3 tbsp Cognac
- 2 dl of dry white wine
- 8 dl of fish stock
- 25 g butter
- 1 dl cream
The bisque is a recipe that mixes many flavors. For your next bisque soup, it will be up to you to determine your own ingredients: remove those you do not like, and add ingredients that you want to marry with the preparation.
Preparing the lobster:
1. Prepare the lobster: wash it and plunge it quickly in a big amount of boiling salted water.
2. Split lobsters in 2 parts lengthwise, between the eyes. Use a good chef knife for this.
3. Remove the tail and slice into pieces.
4. Open the top and get the creamy parts, eggs, meat and reserve. This will form the bisque.
5. Break the legs and claws to remove the flesh.
6. Season the portions of lobster with salt, paprika and cayenne pepper.
Cooking the lobster tail:
7. Cut the vegetables into small cubes.
8. Then melt butter with herbs in a saucepan.
9. In a large pot, heat oil over high heat.
10. Brown to shell and pieces of lobster.
11. Remove from heat.
12. Pour vegetables and herbs into the pan, bring to boil.
13. Pour the brandy and flambé for a few seconds.
14. Add the white wine and fish stock.
15. Cook, covered, over low heat 8 to 10 minutes.
16. Remove the lobster tail sections from the pan.
Cooking the bisque:
17. Continue cooking 10 minutes over low heat.
18. Turn off the fire, let cool 10 minutes, covered.
19. Strain the bisque, pressing hard.
20. Reduce heat slightly.
21. Using a fork, mix the butter with the flesh of the head and legs, eggs and creamy parts.
22. Pour this mixture into the pan and whisk to get a smooth result.
23. Add cream and adjust seasoning.
24. Serve the hot bisque accompanied by a section of lobster tail …