Crackly on top, and beautifully moist and deliciously sweet inside, these zucchini muffins with a hint of lime are a delicious way to use up your zucchini for breakfast, lunch or any occasion! The sweetness of zucchini is almost offset by lime while the addition of citrus zest and poppy seeds add a bit of crunch to this healthy treat.
Ingredients list for the lime zucchini muffins
Makes 12 small muffins or 6 medium-large ones
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (130 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 coffeespoon matcha tea powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lime juice
- 2 small zucchini, grated, with skin
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, oil, lime zest, lime juice, matcha and grated zucchini.
3. In a second bowl, combine remaining ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, poppy seeds)
4. Add the dry mixture to the wet preparation and gently stir until combined and smooth.
5. Pour the batter into the muffin tins and bake at 400°F (200°C) for 20 to 25 minutes. The muffins are done when they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If you opt for mini muffin tins, count from 15 to 20 minutes, but keep an eye on it!
Notes: You can definitely get by with less sugar in this recipe by reducing the amount of granulated sugar. You can also replace sugar by honey or maple syrup.