Lemon Garlic Butter Spaghetti Squash — Cut down on carbs, not comfort, with this veggie-loaded “pasta” dinner. Baked spaghetti squash strands are tossed with a fragrant lemon garlic butter sauce and sprinkled with Parmesan for a cheesy note.
Ingredients list for the Baked Spaghetti Squash with Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 1 small spaghetti squash (about 3-4 pounds – 1 to 2kg)
- 2 tablespoons melted, butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable stock (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup finely minced parsley (or basil)
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Pierce the spaghetti squash a few times with a sharp knife. Bake spaghetti squash for 60 minutes, or until a knife pierces easily through the skin with little resistance. Allow the squash to cool down for 10 minutes.
2. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Use a fork to remove and discard the seeds. Continue scraping using the fork to get long strands.
3. Heat a large saute pan with the butter and the garlic over medium-low heat. When garlic becomes fragrant, add Italian seasoning, lemon juice, vegetable stock, and salt. Simmer for 2 minutes to reduce a bit.
4. Add spaghetti squash strands and toss well. Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese, parsley and adjust seasoning if necessary. The spaghetti squash should have a slight “al dente” crunch. If you like it softer, cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes more. Serve immediately, enjoy! ♥︎