“How can I use yesterdays leftovers and serve them in an appetizing way?” “ Sent by Kimberley
Editor: You shouldn’t serve leftovers just as they are because the quantities are often too small. Different kinds of leftovers don’t go well with others, or are not so appealing. You should use them in a totally different way to avoid this. Let’s have a look at several examples:
- Blend rice leftovers with a vegetable soup, or make a good stir-fry with diced vegetables.
- Use your vegetable leftovers in a quiche or an omelet and you get a brand new dinner for weeknights!
- Think about gratins for your meat leftovers. Try to vary with mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes, zucchini, celery, etc.
- Bread leftovers will make great bruschetta with vegetables, cheese, or ham that you’ll toast in the oven.
- Don’t throw egg whites away, they can be useful for making financiers, meringues, amaretti cookies, or macaroons. Even with 2 egg whites you can do something great!
Readers, have you got some delicious leftover food recipes to share?