1. Offer an edible gift: Go for things that are both delightful and practical (and if possible that you’ve made yourself). A beautiful assortment of jams and jellies or a batch of homemade cookies are sure to please her. Here’s a quick selection of easy treats you can make in a flash.
2. Sign up your Mom for a local CSA: Sign Mom up for a local CSA, she will get plenty of various, fresh fruit and veggies all year round. You can also buy her a membership for a wine-and-cheese club or other gourmet subscription service. This attention will save her time and money all year long, and she will be reminded of your kindness on a regular basis! Go on LocalHarvest.org to find the nearest farms and CSAs in your area.
3. Offer a beautifully-wrapped-something: Make the packaging more important than the actual gift! Wrap up a bottle of wine, a cookbook or a new cheese board in a beautifully silk printed tea-towel that will last a long time in your mom’s kitchen.
4. Breakfast in bed: Let’s face it: The simplest pleasures are all we need in the world. Prepare a good batch of fluffy lemon and ricotta pancakes with a good of coffee cup, put it on a bed-tray, and you’re sure to make your mothers sunday brighter and lighter. If you wish to go a more elaborate route, have a look at our brunch and breakfast suggestions for Mother’s day
5. Crafternoon tea: Have a cup in style this sunday afternoon with customized tea bags. Offer you mom personalized teabags with a fragrant blend of her favorite aromas. It’s tiny, lovely and goes well with a few raisin scones. Photo & DIY by Feathers & Freckles