Make your favorite takeout at home with this fail-proof and super quick recipe that tastes way better than your regular restaurant. Done in just 20 minutes!
Ingredients list for the Kung Pao Chicken
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cut into half-inch cubes
- 1 or 2 Pinches of Salt
- 1 or 2 Pinches of Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil – For cooking the chicken.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
- 2 tablespoons bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup scallion, whites
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
1. Marinate chicken breasts with salt and pepper and let sit at least 30 minutes – You can do that the night before or the morning of the day you’re going to cook the chicken.
2. Heat wok or heavy skillet with vegetable oil or olive oil and add chicken breasts.
3. Stir until the meat changes color, and remove to drain.
4. Add the scallion whites and garlic, and stir briefly.
5. Add 5 tablespoons of the sauce mixture, and cook until it begins to boil – You can also make the sauce mixture the night before and let it sit in a bowl in the fridge.
6. Add the chicken pieces and toss to coat.
7. When piping hot, remove from heat and serve with rice.
Photo by Jules, released under CC licence.