Easy and cheap, high in fiber and vitamins, this apple sauce is a dessert that has many advantages: no added sugar and no fat at all. In addition, it allows you to use those few overripe fruits left in the basket that could be damaged if you keep them longer. What a nice way of recycling!
Preparation time is very short (ten minutes to peel and cut fruit into pieces), cooking is fast: twenty minutes is enough (I prefer when fruit retains a bit of texture), and you get a fresh and pleasant dessert!
Ingredients list for the kiwi apple sauce
For 8 people:
- 8 medium apples
- 15 kiwis
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of cranberries
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. Peel the fruit and cut into pieces.
2. Cook them in a saucepan with all the ingredients for 20 minutes.
3. Once finished cooking, crush the fruit compote with a potato masher or a fork.
You can eat it warm, or let it cool completely and keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can also freeze it and keep it for weeks!