If you decide to slow down after the calorie overload of the Holidays, still make sure you fuel up properly at mid-day! With its delicious apple cider vinegar and mustard dressing, this Paleo Whole30 kale salad is easy and packed with fresh flavor. A great healthy no-cook meal for lunch!
Ingredients list for the kale salad and Apple Cider Dressing
- 1 bunch kale, fibrous stems removed
- 1 green apple, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. To make the dressing, add apple cider vinegar, oil, mustard, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small jar and whisk until thoroughly combined.
2. Rinse and slice the kale into bite size pieces. Transfer to a large bowl and massage with your hands for about three to five minutes with a drizzle of oil, until the leaves are no longer bitter.
3. To assemble the salad, place the kale, apple slices, almonds, hazelnuts and Parmesan into a large bowl. Top with the dressing and toss to combine. Enjoy!