Cool and refreshing iced turmeric tea, packed with nutrients—Skip the drinks with yucky artificial ingredients, and make this surprisingly delicate turmeric-green tea version at home!
Ingredients list for the turmeric iced tea
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric (or 1 inch fresh turmeric root)
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (85g) honey
- Ice and fresh lime slices to serve (optional)
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. In a medium pot, bring water close to a boil and add minced ginger, turmeric, honey, and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes then turn off the heat. Add the green tea bag and steep for 3 minutes, then take out. Strain out the solids using a fine mesh strainer and set aside.
2. Pick any sized glass or mason jar you like, fill 3/4 height with ice cube, pour the tea over the ice. Add fresh lime juice, honey to taste, garnish with a slice of lime, and enjoy!
Note: Turmeric stains badly, especially fresh, so avoid doing this on white countertops or wearing white clothes. A spritz of all-purpose cleaner should solve the problem though.