If you’re ready to take your food plating skills to the next level, please allow us to introduce you to the avocado rose. These incredibly cute flowers are easy to make, and are an impressive addition to any avocado toast.
Ingredients list for the avocado rose toast
- 1 ripe avocado, you want it to be nice and flexible, but not mushy.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Chili pepper flakes
- Liquid honey
- 1 slice of country bread, toasted
1. Cut avocado in half and remove the skin and pit. Thinly slice half of the avocado, cut side down on a sheet of parchment paper or a oiled surface.
2. Spread out the avocado slices to make a shape like a U, then roll on itself to form a spiral looking like a rose. Close the rose tightly by pressing with your both hands at the base of the flower.
3. Transfer the avocado onto a toasted bread slice. Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. Sprinkle a pinch of pepper flakes on top, and add ground pepper. Finish with a drizzle of honey on top. Adjust seasoning with a pinch of salt if necessary.